DIY Bleach Dyed Shorts


I did these shorts a while back but did not post them because I thought it was failure. But life gave it a second chance so there's no reason why I should not.

I really started with a pair of pants. I cut if off to make shorts. (Sorry for the lack of proper before picture.

The shorts look like this

Then I got some bleach, a pail and water.


I filled the pail halfway with 3 parts water 1 part bleach

Then I hung  it using 3 poles threaded through the belt loops.


I, then waited and waited. Read a book. Ate. Left it alone. Or not. I was actually very eager and checked it every 30 minutes. Yikes. But I think I left it there for 4 hours min. If you want to speed up the process, put more bleach.

The end result of my patience (or its  non existence)
Then I grabbed some dye.

I was feeling a little patriotic so the colors were inspired by the PH flag

I dissolved the dyes in warm water and painted on the shorts.

Don't forget to put cardboards or magazines in between to avoid bleeding to the other side.
After allowing it to dry under the sun for the rest of the day, I tossed it to the washer. And that's where the disaster happened. The colors bled so much you'd think I killed something in the washer. I was so devastated I did not even bother to take a picture.

After 2 months, I found it on my closet. Apparently, my mom washed it again and the bleeding minimized. It looked good so I decided to wear it to our Singapore trip.

At Vivo City en route to Sentosa
At Candylicious. I wish they sell a bottle as big as this! YUM
At Sentosa Boardwalk. My camera looks very tiny here. Hihi
(c) Anne Ortiz for the Singapore pictures

It looks wonderful in pictures! And I got a lot of compliments because of it. It makes me feel proud to answer them "Thanks, I made it!"



0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author