My First Refash: Full to Peplum Skirt


I have been following http://refashionista.net/ for a while now and wanting to do my own refashion. Scouring my mother's closet I found a huge pile of clothes that she is no longer using. This is my time!

For my first refash, I picked this full skirt.




It has a lovely belt detail

but at closer inspection it is riddled with holes!



Yikes!
I wanted the belt and the print but I hate the holes. Solution? Make a peplum out of this full skirt!


All set~!
  1. First I cut the belt to the length of my desired peplum: 
  2. Then, I cut the parts without holes to make the pencil skirt.
  3. Then, I stitched these together to form the front and back panels of the skirt like so:

  4. Then, I pinned the sides (while I was wearing the skirt!) A mean task. Learning Moment: I learned I need not wear then pin. I can just take a skirt that fits me well then use it as a template. 



  5. Then, I hemmed the slit


  6. placed a safeguard stitch like so

    It now looks like this:
    Hi Tata Miel

  7. Then I attached the pencil skirt to the peplum. Front first then added a zipper.
I cut and sewed in the pockets in the original skirt that were included in the peplum


And *drum roll please* here is the end result of my first ever refash!

I had this mini pictorial after 3 refashions. I'm actually wearing my 2nd refashion here *wink.
Which I will blog about next time. Promise.


That right there is not a shadow but our baby, Chibi :)

In action, I wore this skirt during our Yearend Planning Conference in Crimson Hotel Alabang
With Anne in front of the mirror mirror on the wall

With Doc Jomer and Anne inside the gingerbread house
Till the next refash!



2 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author