From Dad's Old Uniform to My Very Own Pearly Blouse

For more than 25 years, my Dad worked in a poultry company. Hence, a stack of uniforms like this:


But, as all good things must come to an end, he is no longer connected to that company *sigh.

So what do we do with uniforms that he will no longer use?

WE REFASHION!


  1. First, I took a button down that fits me well and superimposed and traced it to Dad's uniform


  2. I also chopped the sleeves, pinned and hemmed.


  3. I now have something like this: 

    But, it is still uniform-like and boring.....

    ENTER: THE PEARLS


    I got these pearls from a necklace sold at Vente (for well, P20). What I used here were leftovers from the collar I made for our dog Chibi.

  4. I replaced the buttons with the pearls and decorated the tips of the collars with some more


And Voila! My very own Pearly Blouse

Closed collar

Open Collar
Here's a close-up of before and after:


0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author