DIY Lace Shorts

This is my first refashion for 2014! Yay!

 Summer is in the air! or not.....

But since we have to go to Boracay for our National Conference, shorts are a must.

I found this high waist pants in a thrift store. The color is very nice and the material is very light. Very shorts material!

Say hello to my sick brother photobombing in the background

I cut the shorts to desired length with some allowance and had it laundered.
 

Then, I bought some lace in Indang Public Market. It cost P20 for 3 yards and some excess.

That black thing right there is my baby, Chibi being her cute self

Then, I pinned the hem on the shorts, pinned the lace over it and sew them together.



After sewing on it once, the lace is not staying put.

So I decided to sew along the arch edge of the lace. After doing this for both legs, I was on a lace fever and did the pockets too.


I was very excited because the DIY/ refashion was super easy! But when I tried it on, it seem too long for a pair of shorts.


I forgot that I cut the shorts with allowance. It was a week after I cut it that I was able to work on it so forgive me. I wanted to remake the hem but I didn't have enough lace left. 

Well, the show must go on so I decided to fold in the hem to make it shorter.


I lost the arch design of the lace but I gained the length I wanted. Fair trade noh?

I wore this pair of shorts during our last day in Boracay. And silly me did not take pictures. *Darn. Well, I will just be updating this post when I wear it again. So, Stay tuned for that :)

















2 comments:

  1. hahaha. i like it shorter! Lol. galing mo na! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's as short as I can get. Hehe. You're so sweet. Thanks :*

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author