Happy Birthday To Me!

It's 12.21 AM. I am now a day and 21 minutes aged 24. Now that I am writing my birthday post, I am nothing but grateful.



Grateful to the parents who painstakingly cleaned the house to the dot, went to the market and cooked all day for my birthday.

Grateful for my friend who left home at 6.30 in the morning to travel 5 hours to celebrate my birthday with me.

Grateful for my dog who pees on herself because of excitement when she sees me come home.

Grateful for the siblings, aunts and cousins whose primary concern of the day is your lovelife.

Grateful for friends who took time off their day to greet me in my special day.

Grateful for the post valentine date with the most amazing single women in the world. *Ahem

I can nothing be more than grateful. I really am. I never pleaded with any of these people or creature (*love you chibi) to be with me. I never asked any of them to do this for me. Nobody asked them. They just did. And I realized if people really loved you, they will be there for you. They will make room for you. They will make time for you. You will not need to plead or ask. They will just give it to you. If people really wanted to be in your life, they will make an effort.

It's funny how most people wished a boyfriend for me this year. For love they say. For inspiration. What these people don't know is that they already are all the love and inspiration I need.

I have all the love I need right here. And I didn't have to search for them. They were right here even when I took them for granted, frowned or rolled my eyes at them. They love me for who I am. They accept what I can give. They never ask for anything in return. I have all the love I need right here.



So my wish for this year is simple, I want this people, my family (*in blood or not), to be safe, healthy and happy. I wish them the happiness that they bring me and more. I wish for more love amongst us and if differences and conflicts arise, I wish for us to remember that love.

And should God bring in someone else to add to the already overflowing love, it is still more than welcome. Love after all is something you can't get too much of.



Again, happy birthday to me and thank you for sharing this day with me ♡

0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author