Copycat Skirt

I found this super cute skirt/ dress in Pinterest and I fell in love.

Check it out here :http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/cheershop/8887029/_grzxy6601464_contrast_color_cut_out_bodycon_tank_dress_pencil_skirt/commercial/clothing/dresses

It cost around $40 roughly P2,000. But why do I need to shell out that much when I can refashion one?

I found this skirt in my mom's stash. It was too long to be a pencil skirt and too short to be a maxi.


So I took a pencil skirt that fit me well and used it as a template.


A few snips and hems later (my sewing machine is proving to be very difficult. It is inconsistent and I had to redo all the stitches. This project would have been quicker with a better sewing machine. hmmmmmm)..... I have my pencil skirt!






I used the excess fabric to make the ribbon. I sew it to form a tube.


I then sew it to the ends of the skirt. The bit of the fabric hanging to the side will be the ribbon.


I took a small piece of the fabric to tie the cloth together and voila! My copycat skirt!



0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author