DIY Summer Scallop Shorts

Hey hey! Long time no post! Anyway, I'm baaaaaack! Did you miss me? MISS ME?

Ok enough of the cutesy stuff. Let's go straight to this post's topic: scallop shorts.
I have been seeing a lot of them in Pinterest lately so I just had to make them. Luckily, my mom has this pair of slacks she doesn't wear anymore.



So, first thing's first. Cut them off to desired length. Remember to give allowance for the hem AND the scallops.



Now, turn the shorts right side out and fold out the hem. Pin to place and find something to trace the circles with.

Follow the following diagram in tracing the circles.



The gaps make it easier to turn the scallops inside out. I realized this AFTER finishing the shorts. Yes, silly me. Well, I make the mistakes so you don't have to. Haha. I sort of made a remedy but it still looked like this.



After doing both legs of the shorts, turn the scallops parts inside out.



It looks like inverted triangles more than scallops but don't fret. You just have to iron it out. Use your fingers to push out the sides of the scallops and then iron it.

After a few runs under the flat iron, it should now look like this:



Iron both legs and you're done!





Hello Summer!

0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author