My Little Red Romper

We've had this sorta skater dress for a while now.



But we (as in my sister and I) never got to wear it because it is too dang short. Bend over a little and your behind will be exposed for all the world to see. Ugh.

At first, I thought of just chopping of some of the skirt part to make it into a peplum tank but then I thought, romper!

I do not have one yet so it's a perfect idea. But when I looked at it, I realized it's too balloon -y for a romper. So I took out the cutter and started ripping the seam connecting the tank and the skirt.

After about an hour, I ended up with a lot of fabric!



Then, for my template, I used a pair of shorts that fit me rather nicely.



The trick here is to do it by halves. Fold the template in half so that the crotch is protruding. Trace and do the other half.

After some cutting and sewing, I ended up with these pair of shorts.



Before I attached it back to the tank, I stitched some leftover lace from the laced shorts refashion onto bottom the tank.



Then, I sewed the shorts to the lace. The lace acted as the bridge between the tank and the shorts.



And the end product?



I wore this from Cagbalete to Manila. And in the pic below we rode on the topload of a jeep! Yey!



Cheers to an adventurous spirit! Cheers to new places and new friends!

0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author