Beanie From A Bra Top

You read that right! I refashioned a bra top to become a beanie!

We conquered Mt. Pulag and my things to bring include 2 beanies or bonnets. Of course, being a refashionista, I cannot forgive myself if I buy one when I have lots of time to prepare and it's so easy to make!

Enter the bra top.


I found this bra top in our cabinet. It seems crocheted from a stretchy material. Perfect for a beanie!
So first, I cut the straps connected to the back.

Then, sew the side of the cups to the part where the straps used to be connected.

Also, sew the V at the front together.
The idea is to form a dome out of the material.

The result looks like this!

But it looks a little flat and the bunging of the top doesn't look nice to me. So I took 2 blue rubber bands and took the bunging parts together as I would make pigtails.
So now it looks like this!

I retained the straps so that it looks like a tail of the beanie.

Here I am selfieng with the beanie!


More view of the top!

I lent this beanie to my officemate who forgot to bring hers during the Pulag Trip. But she did not like the ears. hehe. Here are her pics wearing it.

There it is fourth from the left. It looked slouchy without the ears.


I will definitely put those ears back when she returned it. Hehe. And I will update this post one I get a chance to wear it. Promise!



0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author