Skirt to Pants: Stripe-y edition

I found this long skirt in the my mom's old-clothes-she-doesn't-wear-anymore stash.


I know maxi skirts are in the zone lately but the thick fabric of this skirt doesn't fit the bill. So I decided to refashion it to a comfy short pants.

Let's do this:

  1. First, I took my favorite short pants, superimposed it to the skirt and traced around.


  2. As you can see in the picture, I traced with the pants folded in half. Thus the hole in the center. I believe this is for the crotch. I think this makes it more fitted.
  3. After chopping (make sure to cut an inch from the mark for allowance) and sewing, here is the result:


  4. Nice right? Just one teensy problem: when shone with bright light, the undies are showing. *yikes
  5. So, to resolve this. I cut up an already roomy (because the garters are stretched to their limit) short with light fabric and sew it as lining to my short pants.




  6. And while I was at it, I saw these scraps of fabric and I thought: BOW!

  7. Sadly, due to my excitement of the bow, I did not took pictures of how to do it and attach it to the pants. Forgive me. *sob

    But here is the final product:
There's the bow!


Tucked out


0 comments:

Facebook Comments by Statistically Happy

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Meet The Author